Thursday, November 27, 2014

Third Annual Things I'm Thankful For Post

     In a moment of clarity during my haze of tryptophan and Lions' victory, I realized I hadn't written my annual Thanksgiving post. The past year has been pretty good, so here's what I'm thankful for...Go Lions!

* My family
* My friends
* Sweet Moses ice cream shop
* The Roderick on the Line podcast
* Judge John Hodgman
* Seeing John Hodgman perform
* John Hodgman signing my copy of "Areas of My Expertise"
* The Trews by Russell Brand
* Record Den
* Lucky Records
* Square Records
* Centro-matic reissuing Redo The Stack on LP
* Arrow- the TV show
* Franz Kafka
* Bacon
* Not being killed by a cop
* those stupid quizzes on facebook
* Miguel Cabrerra
* Megatron
* Andre Drummond
* Pavel Datsyuk
* Guided by Voices
* Centro-matic
* Courtney Barnett
* MST3K Turkey Day Marathon
* Tanqueray No. 10
* My wife who loves me despite all my non-sense and record buying. And she makes a mean Tom Collins.

     Seriously, meeting John Hodgman was both the most exciting and most mortifying thing that happened to me this year. I've posted before about my anxiety regarding asking someone for their autograph and how I've only done it once in my life. When it was my turn to have him sign my book, I froze up and mumbled incoherently about liking his podcast and thanked him for introducing me to the Roderick on the Line podcast. He couldn't have been nicer, but it was awkward. At least I didn't ask him what he thought of the hobo name I came up with; Tom Collins the Setlist Spoiler. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment