Monday, September 16, 2013

Lucky Records

     I thought I'd give a quick shout out to my friend Dave. I mentioned before that he was opening a record store in Wooster, Ohio called Lucky Records. Friday the 13th was the grand opening and the place was packed all day. I made the 90 minute trek to Wooster to wish him well and pick up some records. He has a great location downtown and an awesome selection of vinyl. I'm sure it will be a great success and a fixture of the community. Here's the rundown of what I picked up at Lucky Records. Peace.

* Neil Young- After The Gold Rush: One of the classic albums that was recorded at Sound City Studios and I love the title track.

* Glen Campbell- Greatest Hits: I didn't appreciate him when I was a kid, but he has an amazing voice. "Wichita Lineman" and "Galveston" are brilliant.

* Thin Lizzy- Jailbreak: Thin Lizzy had three good songs and they are all on this album; Jailbreak, The Boys Are Back In Town and Cowboy Song. Most bands wish they had three songs that good.

* Pretenders- Learning To Crawl: I'm not a huge Pretenders fan, but I love this album. My roommate in college used to play it all the time, which is probably why I never bought it before. My favorite song is "Middle Of The Road". The lyrics are great. "Don't harass me, can't you tell. I'm goin' home. I'm tired as hell".

* REO Speedwagon- Hi Infidelity: Another album that I lost sometime during my life. It was probably my favorite album during my high school years. I played the hell out of "Take It On The Run" and I loved "Tough Guys" because it had that Little Rascals / He Man Woman Haters Club part at the beginning. Alright, I liked "Keep On Loving You" too.

* Eddie Money- We Should Be Sleeping 7": I didn't even know there was a 7" of this song and it came with a picture sleeve. Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tom! It was great to see you! Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete