Sunday, September 2, 2012

Welcome to Sound Mind Blog

Hi. My name is Tom Paine and this blog is my first foray onto the interwebs. The Sound Mind Blog is basically about two things ... MUSIC and DEATH. Specifically, my music collection and my unavoidable future death. When we die our loved ones are left the task of going through all our stuff and doing something with it. Some of it they want, some gets thrown away and some gets sold at a garage sale. Within the past year I have been given two peoples old record collections because nobody wanted them and they knew I collect records. This got me thinking about what will happen to my music collection when I die. I'm only 47 years old, but if die tomorrow my wife and kids will have well over 1,000 cds, records and cassettes to deal with. At this point you may be thinking to yourself "why do I care about this guys music collection"? Let me try to answer that question.

     In this blog I will write about the music in my collection that means the most to me and the groups and performers that I love to listen to. So if you're a music nerd like me you might be interested in my opinions and argee or disagree with them. Also, I plan on compiling many music lists which are like Kryptonite to music nerds. One of my lists was inspired by Rolling Stone's list of the Top 100 Beatles songs. I was trying to think what other band could have a list of their Top 100 and there was only one answer... Guided by Voices.So I made a list of their Top 100 songs.

     Many of you probably have larger collections than I do and will be facing this same problem. I don't know about you, but if my wife sells my copy of Rush's first album on the Moon Records label that they only made 3500 copies of at a garage sale for 25 cents I'll have to come back and haunt her. Anyway this blog will be part music opinion, part biography and all music geeky. So, I look forward to any feedback this blog might generate and until next time... Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment