Thursday, November 28, 2013

2nd Annual Things I'm Thankful For Post

     Last Thanksgiving I mailed it in and posted about the things I'm thankful for. Well, I've decided to make it an annual tradition. When I was a kid, Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday. All the men would sit in the living room complaining about the Detroit Lions while the women cooked. Turkey. Mashed potatoes. Sweet potatoes. Pumpkin pie. Cherry pie. Apple pie. My grandma's amazing apple salad. My mom's amazing dinner rolls. The only time I saw most of my cousins was Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then we all grew up and started having our own families and everyone went their different ways for the holidays. Since we moved to Ohio, Thanksgiving is just me, my wife and our kids. I feel bad for my kids that they don't get to visit with their extended family, but I work in retail management and only have Thanksgiving day off. Sadly, that's more than most retail workers get these days. Anyhow, here's my list for 2013. Peace.

* The Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving. It's the one day of the year everyone has to share in my pain. People wonder why the Lions play on Thanksgiving every year. The answer is Ford money talks and you know what walks:)

* My place of work being closed today.

* The Cheap Trick 180 gram vinyl box set.

* Bacon

* My wife making me Tom Collins' when I come home.

* The Tom Baker cameo on the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special.

* Lucky Records. Thanks for all the hook ups; especially Fly By Night.

* The return of MST3K's Turkey Day marathon on the interwebs.

* Austin, Texas (and Denton). How do they produce so many great bands?

* 2nd row seats for Toad The Wet Sprocket. I know I said I'd post about it, but I haven't come up with a good take yet. It was a great show in an intimate venue and I'd never seen them before.

* The 12 string Rickenbacker 350. I hate to imagine how music would have evolved had this guitar not been invented.

* My wife.

* My kids.

* All my friends and co-workers who keep me sane in an insane world.

* All my peeps back in Michigan.

* Rush. Enjoy your year off in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment