Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's Official! Rush is Going Into the Rock Hall

     I've been watching the rumors all day and now it's official; Rush will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!!! I know there are many of my Rush fan bretheren out there who have been embittered over the years from all the snubs(myself included), but now is the time to let all that hate go. They're in! I'm thrilled for the band because they took the road less travelled to achieve everything they have in music. I will now renew my membership to the Rock Hall and I can't wait to see their names on that wall with The Beatles and The Who and Led Zeppelin. Maybe someday there will even be a Rush exhibit. Woo Hoo!!! Sorry about the exclamation point abuse but come on, I never thought this day would come. It seems like 100 years ago when I was living in Detroit and watched them being inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame on CBC. They were inducted by Tom Cochrane of Red Rider. People only know him from the song "Life is a Highway", but Red Rider were a fantastic band and Neruda was a great album. But I digress. In honor of this momentus occassion, here are the lyrics to my favorite Rush song ever, Limelight.



Living on a lighted stage
Approaches the unreal
For those who think and feel
In touch with some reality
Beyond the gilded cage

Cast in this unlikely role,
Ill-equipped to act
With insufficient tact
One must put up barriers
To keep oneself intact

Living in the limelight
The universal dream
For those who wish to seem

Those who wish to be
Must put aside the alienation
Get on with the fascination
The real relation
The underlying theme

Living in a fisheye lens
caught in the camera eye
I have no heart to lie
I can't pretend a stranger
Is a long awaited friend

All the world's indeed a stage
And we are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each another's audience
Outside the gilded cage

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment