Thursday, February 14, 2013

45 RPM Collection- Update

     So, after I posted about my 45 collection, I decided to go to Record Den yesterday. I spent 2 1/2 hours going through thousands of singles and came home with 14 gems. I actually found more than that, but I was trying to limit how much I spent. Anyhow, I thought I'd go over what I got and recommend them to my kids. Peace.

Lido Shuffle- Boz Scaggs: this was the only replacement that I found (see original post)

Jungle Love- The Time: love this song, it takes me back to going to the bar when I was at CMU
     oh ee oh ee oh!

What I Like About You- The Romantics: definitely in my top ten songs

Big Money- Rush: this was a Rush nerd purchase. it's a single with a live version of Red Sector A

I Can't Dance/On The Shoreline- Genesis: as I mentioned in my Genesis post, I love On The
     Shoreline and bought this because of the B-side

Goodbye To You- Scandal: seriously, who doesn't love this song

Don't Dream It's Over- Crowded House: it has an awesome sleeve with a cheesy band photo

Hourglass- Squeeze: favorite Squeeze song

Don't Lose My Number- Phil Collins: almost as good as Sussudio

Running On Empty- Jackson Browne: song about driving + Jackson Browne's voice= awesome

Closer To Free- The Bodeans: forgotten gem of the 90's

Love Is Alive- Gary Wright: tragically overlooked song, because of Dream Weaver

I Like To Rock- April Wine: see my post on Canadian rock

Blow Away- George Harrison: it's freaking Blow Away by freaking George Harrison, nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment