Sunday, April 21, 2024

Record Store Day 2024

      Since I promised this, here's a quickie about Record Store Day. I had an extended list in the event some of my targeted titles were sold out. I didn't make it out until 1 pm, but surprisingly they still had everything I wanted. Kudos to the Record Den in Mentor, Ohio. I picked up seven titles, so my wife wouldn't kill me. I wasn't conscious of it at the time, but my selections were mostly from the same genre. I will likely go back tomorrow to see what's left over from my list, such as, Blur, Elton John, Gene Clark, Flying Burrito Brothers and Foghat. Yes, I love Foghat. Anyhow, here's what I added to the collection. I haven't listened to them yet.


TINTED WINDOWS: This is a reissue of the 2009 album by power pop supergroup, Tinted Windows. It was comprised of a Hanson kid, Adam from Fountains of Wayne, James Iha from Smashing Pumpkins and Sound Mind favorite on drums, Bun E. Carlos of Cheap Trick. 

NOEL GALLAGHER: This is a 7' single of demos from 2023.

DREAM SYNDICATE: This is demos and what not from the Days of Wine and Roses period.

RAIN PARADE: This is a reissue of Emergency Third Rail Power Trip, with a bonus LP.

THE VERLAINES: This is a reissue of their 1993 album Way Out Where.

THE CHILLS: The Lost EP

CLOUD NOTHINGS - FINAL SUMMER: This is not an RSD title. It's the new album by local heroes, Cloud Nothings. 

     Tomorrow will be the top 25 songs from 1994. Peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment