Saturday, April 20, 2013

Record Store Day 2013

     Yay! Today is Record Store Day, or as I call it National Colored Vinyl Day. It's like Christmas for music nerds. So this morning I gathered up my son and ventured out in the snow (yes snow) to the Record Den. We met my friends Mike and Dave and were in the first group of people to be let in to shop. I had my six year old son with me, so I couldn't really get in the scrum. It's kinda like Walmart on Black Friday, but on a much smaller scale. Anyhow, my friends had my back and I got almost everything I wanted. My son wanted a 45 of Hey Jude / Revolution, by The Beatles. I told him that we already have it and he said that HE didn't have it. Apparently, he's already working on his own collection.
     Here's the rundown of what I added to my collection.

Surfer Blood- Demon Dance 7"
     I don't have any of their other stuff, but I heard this song on the interwebs and it's quite good. It's on blue
     and white vinyl.
R.E.M.- Live In Greensboro CD
     I mainly got this because it came with a patch that they unearthed.

Tame Impala- First EP
     This is on red vinyl and looks stunning. The first song is "Desire Be Desire Go", which is my favorite song
     from Innerspeaker. The rest of it is good too.

White Stripes- Elephant Vinyl LP
     I got this because it's on colored vinyl and White Stripes' albums always sound amazing on vinyl.

     I was slightly disappointed that they didn't get the Mercury Rev LP or the Superchunk 7", but I was borderline on those. They did have the Ringo Starr singles, but I'll take my chances that they have some left. I really love record Store Day and hope it doesn't get ruined. Finally, a desperate plea to the band Centro-matic. Next Record Store Day, please put out a reissue of Redo The Stacks. Peace.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment