Thursday, April 18, 2013

E.L.O. Purple Vinyl Update

     In my post entitled "45 RPM Collection", I told the story of my purple vinyl 45 of "Sweet Talkin' Woman" by the Electric Light Orchestra. It was beautiful and I loved it and my sister broke it. I've been looking to replace it ever since. I know I could go on ebay anytime and get one, but that's not old school record collecting. Anyhow, last week my friend was going to Pittsburgh to see Michael Nesmith and planned on going to Jerry's Records. He asked if I wanted anything while he was there. I didn't want to be obnoxious and ask for a bunch of records, but I did ask for "Bohemian Rhapsody", Steve Martin's "King Tut" and TWO copies of the purple vinyl "Sweet Talkin' Woman"...just in case. When he brought them back, I just kept looking at the purple vinyl. They were beautiful. He told me they had about fifteen copies of it in the bin. One of these days, I have to make the trip to Pittsburgh and check out Jerry's. Just a quick side note about my 45 collection; this week I picked up the new GbV single "Noble Insect" and a copy of "The Heinrich Maneuver" by Interpol.
     Today is a day I never thought would happen. Rush are finally being inducted into the Rock Hall. The only thing that could make it better is if it had been here in Cleveland this year. Why isn't it live on tv? I'm sure it will be all over You Tube by tomorrow, though. Speaking of bands that are long overdue for induction and E.L.O., here's my list of snubbed bands. Peace.

1) Cheap Trick
2) Yes
3) KISS
4) E.L.O.
5) Duran Duran
6) The Smiths
7) Midnight Oil
8) Guided by Voices
   

No comments:

Post a Comment