Saturday, August 20, 2022

Mt. Rushmore: 70's Recap

 

     Well, the number ones for the Seventies turned out about as I suspected. Not as good as the Nineties, but better than the Eighties. The problem is going to be ranking them. It's like comparing apples and watermelons. How do you sort out such diverse bands as The Who, The Cars, Genesis and Miles Davis. Despite how my Mt. Rushmores turned out, it seems my bands of the Seventies were Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Elton John and Steely Dan. Looking forward, I will be ending the Mt.Rushmores in 1964, which is when I was born. This is also roughly when studio albums, of original material, actually became a thing. Maybe at some point I will do some Mt. Rushmores for pre-1964 music. Alright, I've stalled enough. Here are the rankings for the Seventies. Peace.


     1) Who's Next

     2) Bitches Brew

     3) Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

     4) The Cars

     5) Born to Run

     6) Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

     7) Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust

     8) The Wall

     9) Pink Flag

     10) Modern Lovers



No comments:

Post a Comment