Monday, August 8, 2022

Mt. Rushmore: '80's Recap

 

     I love the Eighties. I started high school, graduated from college and started my life as a wage slave. It was the best of times. It was the decade of MTV and Weird Al. And there were so many great songs. PLease indulge me in listing several of my favorites. Jenny, Jenny. The Safety Dance. In a Big Country. Who Can It Be Now? I Know There's Something Going On. Goodbye To You. Everybody Have Fun Tonight. Jessie's Girl. Our House. Walk Like an Egyptian. We Got the Beat. Save It For Later. Good Thing. Whip It. Don't Change. Space Age Love Song. New Year's Day. Modern Love. Time. Red Skies at Night. Wild Wild Life. Do It Again. Smooth Operator. Red Rain. Like the Weather. I'll Be You. End of the Line. Handle With care. Cult of Personality. Under the God. Mayor of Simpleton. Under Pressure. I Can't Go For That. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go. Panama. Love Shack. Karma Chameleon. Sledgehammer. 

     I'm sure I missed dozens more, but you get the idea. Now, to the business of ranking my number ones albums for the Eighties. As with the Nineties, this list could change everyday. 


1) Diesel and Dust

2) Permanent Waves

3) Moving Pictures

4) Fables of the Reconstruction

5) Doolittle

6) So

7) Reckoning

8) Murmur

9) Love Junk

10) Days of Wine and Roses


     That's a nice list, but not as strong as the Nineties and probably the Seventies either. Looking ahead to the Seventies, I know I called it the decade of live albums. However, I will not be considering live albums for the Mt. Rushmores. Sorry Cheap Trick at Budokan. The Seventies was the decade of my childhood. I really started to buy records and get into music in 1975. Looking forward to these Mt. Rushmores. Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment